- Students are admitted subject to the availability of seats, solely on merit basis irrespective of any distinction of caste, creed or religion.
- Application Form and Prospectus can be availed from the school office at Kakkanad, Kayamakulam on all working days between 9.30 am and 4 pm.
- Application form duly filled in and signed must be submitted to the school office on or before the stipulated date.
- Candidates for plus two course must have passed the AISSE / ICSE / SSLC or equivalent examination.
- Those who have passed other than AISSE / ICSE / SSLC should produce the eligibility & migration certificate etc. from the authorities concerned.
- The candidates must be accompanied by his / her parents for interview and should produce the following documents.
- The Original Certificate & Mark List or Progress Card of qualifying examination.
- Transfer Certificate, Certificate of conduct & Character from the institution last attended.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- SC / ST / OBC students should submit their community certificate
Rules for promotion
Promotion from classes I to V will be made on the basis of the total performance on periodical assessment. A student is eligible for promotion in Std. I to X only if he or she has attended classes for 80 % of the total number of working days for which the school has worked from June to March of the academic year.
Age eligibility criteria for admission for Grade I as on June 1st is 5 years 9 months.
Fresh admission is generally open to class I to V only. For other classes (other than Class XI) admission is granted subject to availability of vacancies and considering certain provisions of the RTA.
Admission is done through admission test, except for Class I where it is on priority basis.
For admission to class I, a student should have completed 5 years 9 months of age as on 1st of June of the year of admission. For other classes eligible age would be recorded as on 30th September of the year of admission with proportionate increase over 5 / 7 years.
Fresh admission from class III onwards will be allowed after a student qualifies him / her in the admission test, and submits the T.C of the previous school along with the progress report of the last examination.
Admission test will be conducted by the school on the date notified by the Principal.
The admission test shall be held in the following subjects.
Class III to V - English, Hindi, Malayalam, Mathematics, E.V.S.
Class VI to VIII - English, Hindi, Mathematics, General Science.
Class IX - English, Hindi / Malayalam, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies.
CURRICULUM OF STUDIES
The school follows the Ten plus Two pattern of Senior Secondary Education, New Delhi.
SECONDARY SCHOOL EXAMINATION
According to the three language formula each student of Classes I to VIII shall compulsorily study three languages
- First language - English Communicative
- Second language - Hindi Course B / Malayalam (Class VIII only)
- Third language - Malayalam / Hindi
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Social Science (History, Geography, Economics & Civics)
- Work Experience: Computer Science
- Art Education (Painting, Dance, Music, Drama etc.)
- Physical and Health Education.
SENIOR SECONDARY CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (Classes XI & XII)
Academic stream/Courses offered
1. English Core
2. Elective- Any one of the following combinations
Group I Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Informatics Practices
Group II Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry
Group III Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Informatics Practices
3. General Studies (Internal Assessment)
4. Work Experience (Internal Assessment)
5. Physical and Health Education (Internal Assessment)